Saturday, September 12, 2009

CLASS VII

Informal Letters -

Study the following letter to a friend comgratulating him on his success in the Board Exam -

5 Lakshmi Colony
Madurai – 10
March 14 2009
Dear Anu,
Congratulations! I am overjoyed to hear of your spectacular achievement in the Board Exam. It is no easy feat to secure 100% in Maths and Science. Besides, you have scored 90% and above in all the other subjects. I am genuinely happy that all your hard work has borne fruit.
My parents join me in congratulating you. I have decided to adopt all your strategies in preparing for my exams. You have become a source of inspiration to me.
My parents and I are visiting my aunt in Chennai next week. I will definitely meet you then.
Please convey my regards to your parents.
Yours affectionately,
Ramesh

Now write the following letters -
  1. The exams are approaching and you are under lot of stress as your parents want you to do well. You decide to write a letter to your cousin sharing your feelings with him/her about your fears and apprehensions.
  2. As Nithya/Nikhil write a letter to your ailing grandfather. You stay away from your family in a hostel and your parents have told you that your grandfather is very sick and in bed. You have lot of childhood memories associated with your grandparents. Write the letter.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Maam
    This is Nisha Sansanwal Student of your class (Chinmaya Vidyalaya).
    It is to inform you,still the grammar part is not change.
    please do needfull.
    Regards,
    Nisha Sansanwal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are u asking me about the syllabus for the third weekly review -

    its only simple past, past continuous tense, expressing reasons using as or since and also editing and omitting and rearranging jumbled words to form sentences is always an important part of your question paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. requsted mam,

    I Ayush Kapur student of your class want to know what all things are coming in the writting part,in the third weekly review.

    yours faithfully

    ReplyDelete
  4. [This is lakshita
    class viith b ]
    wanted to ask about syllabus for grammer 4 monday test 3rd and if u can give d full syllabus ......

    yours faithfully
    lakshita bisht

    ReplyDelete
  5. requested madam,


    I don't know how to write an article........Can u plz tell me the format of an article?????????

    yours sincerely,
    ANONYMOUS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear mam,

    what is the complete english syllabus.please tell me before sunday afternoon.

    Your sincerely,
    ANONYMOUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear mam.

    please post some exercises on ommitting and editing.

    Your sincerily,

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the teacher in mams school and class teacher of srishti

    ReplyDelete